Magento platform is no less than a blessing to set up and launch an eCommerce store in the digital space. Many big names in the market rely on the potential of Magento for enhancing and improving their eCommerce stores.
Despite the various benefits offered by Magento 2 Development Company, you may still face some problems or issues in the available process. Therefore, it is essential to pay attention to the staging environment of Magento 2 to avoid any significant complications.
However, many people are still unsure of what to do when setting up the Magento 2 staging environment. If you are also one of them, we have all the required information in this article.
Why is a staging environment so essential for Magento 2?
The Magento 2 developers focus on handling migration, updates, customization, etc., regularly. These tasks can get complicated at times. Thus, having the required staging environment for Magento 2 will provide a near-production ecosystem including a web server, database, and various services.
The staging environment will also be helpful to ensure that the regular updates are done smoothly without any hassles. It also allows the maximum usage of the frontend and backend of the website in the best possible manner. As a result, the Magento developers can ensure that everything on the website runs smoothly with no complications.
Some may consider a staging site a duplicate of the original site, which is true to some extent but not completely true. Some of the significant differences between an original business website and a staging website are as follow:
- The staging website is private and is protected with a strong password. This ensures that the staging website is not accessible to the public.
- If the staging website is password protected, it would not be possible for the search engines to index it.
- Any changes made on the staging site will not affect the original website unless and until the developers push the changes.
Let us now take a closer look at the required steps to set up the Magento 2 staging environment.
The process to create Magento 2 staging environment:
Here are the following steps to follow when creating a staging environment for Magento 2:
1. Build a staging sub-domain:
Simply log in or make an account on the hosting server for creating a sub-domain. A subfolder can also be created under the root directory.
2. Focus on developing the staging database:
The next step is to create a staging database to ensure smooth Magento 2 eCommerce development. Here’s how you can do it:
- Create a blank database for the staging site
- Enter the required staging for the created database
- Provide the username and password
- Assign all the required privileges
3. Copy the production store to the required sub-domain directory:
Follow these required steps:
- Begin with copying the main eCommerce stores and files
- Copy all the available data from the database of the leading website to the staging database
- Enter your password for using the privileges available on the database of the central site
- The required time depends upon your database size
- After it gets completed, you need to import all the data into the staging database
- You will again be asked to enter your password, enter it to complete the entire process
4. Update the database configuration:
You can easily modify the code and the content according to the requirements of your Magento store after the successful set-up of the staging environment. Be absolutely safe with Magento upgrade services as it might get complex at some times.
Magento is the leading and well-known platform offering excellent and outstanding features/functionalities to the merchants. You can easily avail the benefits of all these functionalities by focusing to hire Magento 2 developers.
This will ensure that your online store provides an excellent customer experience with an easy checkout process. So, when are you setting up Magento 2 staging environment?
For any assistance or help, you can reach out to Pixlogix – one of India’s most popular web design and development agencies. With its years of experience and strong support from experienced professionals, you will be delighted with its offered assistance and services.
You can comment below any of your doubts, queries, or questions concerning the staging environment of Magento 2.